Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What we did to get to that window ? Tell us..  

RSS

Eco Tint
Member Moderator
29/05/2019 8:18 am  

Lucky the Health and Safety Officer was not around..

Michael De Jong
Member Moderator
16/07/2019 11:00 pm  

Often customers ask to have their windows tinted above the stair well and this can be extremely challenging. When there is a set of big glass panels 3 meters up with no way of using a ladder or scissor lift because of an l-shaped stair well. What do you do ?

Not sure how much the health & safety officer will like it but i build a platform out of ply wood big enough to level out the stairs allowing me to safely use a ladder. Stilts i suppose would be another solution - Balance 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Wayne Anstis
23/07/2019 12:32 am  

Health & Safety is a real consideration for any self employed tradesman in the current climate. the last thing you want as a small business is an OSH investigation after you fall off a ladder through someones stairwell glazing or require an ambulance after the fact.. it attracts the wrong type of attention. Quoting for professionally erected scaffolding and clipping the ticket or alternatively allowing the customer to organise their own scaffolding for you is always a better option than an investigation and subsequent fine form H & S officials. 

some tinters have purchased their own mobile easy-to-transport portable scaffolding which they charge out at good rates. this has two advantages, 1. no sub-contracting an outside scaffolder ( unless height regs. require), no time delay or synchronisation to allow for.   2. The scaffolding not only pays for itself but becomes another revenue source to the  installer.

ReplyQuote
Michael De Jong
Member Moderator
23/07/2019 8:46 am  

We had an external application on a conservatory, windows were 2m long at an angle with a e-coat on inside so had to be done externally. We put our scaffolding up then had to use the ladder as a platform over the glass resting on the wall edge and aluminium joinery to be able to do the install. Was hectic ! 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Error: No posts available for this ID

llumar logo White
3m window film supplier